Woolhampton RC Parish Home Page
Welcome to the website of our Catholic Woolhampton Parish comprising the three church communities of St Mary's, Woolhampton, St Bernadette's, Pangbourne and St Luke's, Theale. We hope you will find all you need to know about us in these pages, and that you will feel you would like to join us for Mass or another event in one of churches. We shall be very pleased to see you or to hear from you.
Frs Peter Bowe and Benjamin Standish OSB
Please click for the latest bulletin
- What's On?
- Parish Vision
- Weekend Mass Times
- Weekday Mass Times
- Masses Elsewhere
- Parish Care Together ~ As you know, the parish SVP Conference, our local group of the Society of St Vincent de Paul for the care of the needy in this area, unfortunately had to close at the New Year because no leader could be found. Now we have decided to establish Pastoral Care Together, open to all parishioners wishing to take part by continuing this work on a less formal and more flexible basis. This is a call to all parishioners to consider joining when and where they can in visiting the housebound and supporting such social occasions as may be organized in our churches from time to time. Many cannot make a regular commitment but can offer an occasional hand. One might bring someone to a function, serve the tea or make the cakes; another might visit a local housebound person. All members of each church will be able to offer to visit the sick etc. and help with social events and activities. Of course a certain level of organization is necessary: record-keeping, safeguarding and training for visitors and some promotion of events. Already a small committee, a member from each church is being set up. Please be encouraged to bear this important new parish venture in mind, to consider whether you might take some part, either regularly or from time to time. We are moved to establish this group so that the essential outreach of the parish to the sick and to those in any need, a main thrust of our vocation as Christians, is not lost with the sad demise of the SVP, but that the spirit may still flourish and all may at some time or other take part.
- Baptism Preparation ~ Our parish welcomes parents presenting a child for Baptism at the next preparation which will take place on Saturday 17 February, 3.30pm at St Luke's Church, Theale. The second date to be set at the course. You will be welcome to come to these sessions even if you are still expecting your child. Baptism is entry into the church community, so our parish expects families following this course to take regular part in one of our parish Masses from now on, and also beyond their child’s baptism. Please speak to the priests or the parish office, giving address and telephone number where you may be contacted.
- Eucharistic Pilgrimage and Congress "Adoremus" - Liverpool 2018
- Our parish-wide response to Laudato Si'
- 'The Joy of Love' (Amoris Laetitia): Pope Francis' recent letter on marriage and the family may be downloaded here or it is available at Amazon, CTS or Redemptorist Books.
- Dorman Room Calendar
- Kirby Room Calendar
- Parish Social Project ~ Reaching the Unreached is the charity that has been chosen for the parish social project. RTU is a grass-roots organisation working in rural South India to help the poorest and most marginalised, particularly children and women. It provides health care, clean water, housing, education and support for orphaned or abandoned children, many affected by HIV/AIDS. Since its launch in 1978 thousands have been given hope and opportunities for their future. Read more.....
- We aim to be a vibrant, welcoming community of the universal Church.
- May we all, believers and doubters, be joyfully alive in the infinite love of God, awake to the call of Jesus Christ, eager to learn how better to follow his way and grow in faith.
- As a local presence, we seek to bear Christ’s message to all, ready to offer those among us and beyond, support and a share in our own journey of discovery.
- 17.30 Saturday ~ St. Luke's, Theale
- 09.00 Sunday ~ St. Mary's, Woolhampton
- 09.30 Sunday ~ St. Bernadette's, Pangbourne
- 11.00 Sunday ~ Douai Abbey, Woolhampton
- 07.45 Daily ~ Douai Abbey, Woolhampton
- 10.00 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of month ~ St. Luke's, Theale
- 10.00 2nd Wednesday of month ~ St. Bernadette's, Pangbourne
- 10.00 4th Wednesday of month ~ St. Mary's, Woolhampton
- 5th Wednesday of month ~ No Mass
- St. Francis de Sales, Wash Common, Newbury - 18.00 Saturday and 10.00 Sunday
- Our Lady of the Assumption, Bath Road, Thatcham - 18.15 Saturday and 10.00 Sunday
- St. Joseph's Church, 105, London Road, Newbury - 08.30 and 11.00 Sunday
- English Martyr's, 64 Liebenrood Road, Reading - 18.30 Saturday and 09.30, 11.30 and 17.00 Sunday
- St. Joseph's Church, The Presbytery, Berkshire Drive, Tilehurst, Reading RG31 5JJ - 08.30 and 10.30 Sunday
- St. Oswald's Church, Burghfield, RG7 3HQ - Sunday 11.15